Competitors Training & Manuals
RallySafe has been designed to require as little input from the on-board crew as possible. However, in certain scenarios you may be required to operate the unit, such as in the event of an incident. Here you will find the appropriate resources to assist with unit operation.
To the right you will see our Briefing Video tutorial and further below a downloadable PDF user manual. It is highly recommended that both driver and co-driver watch or read either one of these resources to ensure the correct operation of the RallySafe unit at an event.
Download the manual here:
BRIEFING VIDEO TUTORIAL
Your vehicle’s RallySafe fitting kit will be checked at event scrutineering. This is to ensure all components are correctly fitted as per the downloadable RallySafe Fitting Kit Instruction Manual, found below.
Scrutineers or RallySafe technicians will check the condition of the kit and a few things to make sure your RallySafe unit will work correctly.
Here are a few things they’ll be looking for:
- Internal antenna placement – not within 200mm of any roll cage hoop.
- External antenna placement – solidly on roof, preferably level with the B pillar.
- Routing of antenna & power leads – should NEVER be outside the roll cage, no tight radius bends in cables, no crushing from cable ties/hose clamps
- Unit mounting – RAM mount is securely attached to the vehicle, unit is securely attached to the RAM mount
- Power supply – supply is clean, supplies enough juice, polarity is correct
If the scrutineer or technician does not pass the fitting kit install, a re-present may be required.